Wednesday, July 4, 2012

4th time around

Being pregnant the 4th time around has been no walk in the park. And honestly this pregnancy, in terms of nausea and vomiting and what not, has not been as bad as the last two were. With Joshua and Jace I was much more sick, gaggy, and throwing up.  With Emma, I never really had morning sickness, but just feelings of being sick but never really happened.   This time around there has certainly been a lot of nausea, and feeling like I need to puke.  But more than anything, just trying to deal with the nausea and the exhaustion (OOOoooooohhhhh the EXHAUSTION!), all while keeping up with 2 VERY active boys and 1 still pretty young baby....well, let's just say it has been a humbling experience. 

But Joshua and Jace have been good to me.

So onto more fun details....just this week I spilled the news to my sister, my friend Pat and the kids.  Josh`s response, I can handle another Emma just not another Jace.  Jace on the other hand; he loves babies so he was thrilled.

Baby #4 is due to arrive on (or around) January 21st    so that puts me just shy of 12 weeks right now. So far baby has been checking out with flying colors. The pictures below are from an ultrasound I had today that was partly of genetic screening they offered. The baby looks healthy as can be and is growing right on track.  Nothing more relieving than knowing your baby is well. 

body shot

another body shot

baby looking right at us with arms up and against the face

I have to admit that I am feeling pretty strongly that "baby" is indeed a "he". Don't get me wrong...my jaw will not drop and I will not pass out if another bouncing baby girl is on its way to joining our family.  We will know by the end of August, I am excited and anxious to know who this baby is. And either way, boy or girl, I know I will be thrilled and I know it will feel right because I firmly believe that the child meant for our family is the child we will receive. And with that knowledge how could I ever feel bad :)

We love you little baby! I just KNOW you are going to be a key piece in our family!

No comments:

Post a Comment