- Use the bathroom in peace. Now I must sing to my audience as I shower/put on makeup/moisturize/brush my teeth/etc.
- Get my nails done or even do them myself. Now I can’t paint my nails in case the kids needs me before they dry, so my nails remain bare.
- Run 5 different errands in 20 minutes. Now I can do one errand in an hour.
- Wear skinny jeans. Hopefully soon that will change.
- Sleep 8 straight hours, or (gasp) even 10. Now I am lucky to get 4.
- Drink rum and diet cokes..
- Did I mention sleep?
- Sit on the couch for more than 2 minutes, and actually stay awake to catch a TV show.
- Go out to dinner at 9:30 PM. 7:00 PM was for the elderly. Now I’m lucky if I’m still awake at 9:30 PM.
Friday, March 23, 2012
An article I read had me thinking about all of the things I used to be able to do before having children. I forgot how different my life was. It’s like I am a completely different person now that I have the name MOM attached to me.
Before kids I could…
I might have had to give all of that up, but it is completely worth it. Just look at what a awesome kids I have!
Tuesday, March 20, 2012
If you spent time outside yesterday, you couldn’t be blamed for thinking that spring had arrived a day earlier this year. Tuesday today marks spring’s first full day, but you wouldn’t know it by looking at the forecast. FOG, FOG, FOG.
But anyway, HAPPY First Day of spring blossoming flowers, warmer temperatures up ahead
Monday, March 19, 2012
I knew becoming a parent meant…
- · eating dinner like your trying to break the world record for the most pasta swallowed in the shortest amount of time standing up.
- · letting Matthew choose between poop and sleep habits as topics of our dinner conversations.
- · figuring out how to pee without putting Emma down.
- · wearing a bra that looks like something from a 1930`s catalog.
- · spending an hour getting Emma to sleep and then waking her up every two minutes later to make sure she is still breathing.
· forgetting what you are …