Friday, March 23, 2012

before kids I could…


An article I read had me thinking about all of the things I used to be able to do before having children. I forgot how different my life was. It’s like I am a completely different person now that I have the name MOM attached to me.

Before kids I could…
  • Use the bathroom in peace. Now I must sing to my audience as I shower/put on makeup/moisturize/brush my teeth/etc.
  • Get my nails done or even do them myself. Now I can’t paint my nails in case the kids needs me before they dry, so my nails remain bare.
  • Run 5 different errands in 20 minutes. Now I can do one errand in an hour.
  • Wear skinny jeans. Hopefully soon that will change.
  • Sleep 8 straight hours, or (gasp) even 10. Now I am lucky to get 4.
  • Drink rum and diet cokes..
  • Did I mention sleep?
  • Sit on the couch for more than 2 minutes, and actually stay awake to catch a TV show.
  • Go out to dinner at 9:30 PM. 7:00 PM was for the elderly. Now I’m lucky if I’m still awake at 9:30 PM.
I might have had to give all of that up, but it is completely worth it. Just look at what a awesome kids I have!

No comments:

Post a Comment